We have seen a number of government loans recently  to private industry, especially to the "FOO FIGHTERS Those are Friends of Obama who are fighting for the government  Largess! And our president sees thes companies defaulting  Faster than pancakes leave the plate of my Teenage son! But instead of ending this Crony charade he equates it to the same kind of "bet" that any Loan amounts to in the private sector! Well it isn't Mr. President! It is not yours to invest! It is the American  people's money. You are not An Investment Banker. You are squandering  our tax dollars. You call it a bet? It is not a bet! This is not a crap shoot! We can no longer allow this to go on. The waste of taxpayers hard earned money must stop! Here is one place we can help stop it. Support this bill which shuts down a small agency forever. End the crapshoot! Support this bill! "The Bill: H.R. 3090, EDA Elimination Act of 2011 Annualized Savings:-$292 million (first-year savings) Congressman Mike Pompeo (R-KS) has sponsored H.R. 3090 to eliminate the EDA.  In a press release, Congressman Pompeo stated, "I believe investing should be done by private citizens with their own money, not by federal agencies. …With state, local, and, most importantly, private sector sources of funding, economic development projects can -- and should -- move forward without utilizing EDA as a crutch."  The bill would end the EDA in the first fiscal year after enactment, or 2013 at the earliest, except for the Trade Adjustment Agency.  That agency would most likely be transferred to a different agency. According to the CBO report for S. 782, the Economic Development Revitalization Act, and the President's FY 2011 proposed budget, ending EDA would result in a $292 million savings in the first year. The figure is the total amount appropriated in FY 2011 ($246 million) and the 2011 operating budget of EDA ($46 million). To learn more or discuss this bill visit WashingtonWatch.com.

You need to be a member of Restore America's Mission to add comments!

Join Restore America's Mission

Email me when people reply –