Cap & Trade - Vote passes 219-212

Roscoe Bartlett was the only Representative from Maryland that voted against the cap and trade bill (tax and confiscate). Every other MD Rep in the House voted for it. Come election time 2010, these people must go. This should be a tremendous help to Andy Harris in the 1st district. I cannot stress the importance to take an active role in the 2010 House races. If you are able, send money to support candidates opposing the incumbents (except Bartlett -- we support him), volunteer to work on campaigns, hold or attend fund raisers, use your contacts in the media to get candidates air time and print space, etc.

You need to be a member of Restore America's Mission to add comments!

Join Restore America's Mission

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i met lollar and miller and i'm very impressed with both.. hope their both getting their message out and their voices heard. we need to help..
    jackie auburn said:
    Scott Strzelczyk said:
    Kratovil is definitely the most vulnerable. In many ways I wished Ron Miller were running against Steny Hoyer instead of the Maryland Senate seat against Mike Miller. We need to target, at minimum, another district besides District 1. I'd imagine the 3rd district which covers parts of baltimore, howard, and anne arundel county may be a good place to focus. I wouldn't mind seeing Charles Loller run against Hoyer, run for Governor, or run for the MD Senate against Mikulski. Charles would be a great candidate.
  • Scott Strzelczyk said:
    Kratovil is definitely the most vulnerable. In many ways I wished Ron Miller were running against Steny Hoyer instead of the Maryland Senate seat against Mike Miller. We need to target, at minimum, another district besides District 1. I'd imagine the 3rd district which covers parts of baltimore, howard, and anne arundel county may be a good place to focus. I wouldn't mind seeing Charles Loller run against Hoyer, run for Governor, or run for the MD Senate against Mikulski. Charles would be a great candidate.
  • Kratovil is definitely the most vulnerable. In many ways I wished Ron Miller were running against Steny Hoyer instead of the Maryland Senate seat against Mike Miller. We need to target, at minimum, another district besides District 1. I'd imagine the 3rd district which covers parts of baltimore, howard, and anne arundel county may be a good place to focus. I wouldn't mind seeing Charles Loller run against Hoyer, run for Governor, or run for the MD Senate against Mikulski. Charles would be a great candidate.
  • they act like they all on the messiah's bail out list.. are they? i've already compiled a "do not vote for " list.. and posting it everywhere when the time comes..
  • Scott,
    I am in full agreement. We will establish phone banking in various places here in Maryland. We will target one, if possible, even two Congressmen. I am inclined to believe that Kratovil is the most vulnerable to lose his seat! I am glad that you commented on this I was listening to the action, then last night, I was listening to the speeches. I would love to get rid of Steny Hoyer! He was falling all over himself to thank Pelosi, as well as Markey, and Waxman! He being one of the Leaders of the Democrat Party would be a coup equivalent to the defeat that pushed the Senate Minority leader, from South Dakota, Tom Dashle! We need to do this for the Country! Even if we lose, if the race becomes razor close it will send a message that no Democrt that is this progressive is not safe! I will not be happy unless we flip the minimum of one seat! This is the goal for the state. It must be the unifying force that will create the power to allow a surge of the REPUBLICAN party, and especially conservativism!
This reply was deleted.